A tasty way to polish off any leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
- 2 Tablespoons Canola oil
- 6 cups Cooked white rice
- 16 ounces Turkey meat, dark and white meat scraps
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, chopped
- ½ cup Green onions, chopped
- ½ cup Dried cherries (or cranberries)
- ½ cup Roasted chestnuts, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh sage, chopped
- ¼ cup Leftover turkey gravy (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large nonstick pan on medium high heat, add half the oil, add the eggs and stir until cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
Add the remaining oil in the pan and turn to high heat, add the rice, cook while tossing and stirring for one to two minutes.
Add green onions, sweet potatoes, chestnuts, cherries and turkey meat. Continue to cook while tossing for another minute, add the cooked eggs and herbs, stir together until well mixed.
Add the gravy and stir in, season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. To serve, scoop equal portions onto four plates and enjoy.