This is definitely the cheesiest way to enjoy all of your Thanksgiving holiday leftovers.
- 1 pound Cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound Shredded turkey meat
- 1 cup Leftover stuffing (optional)
- 3 Medium size sweet potatoes, cut into small dices, cooked in salted water till tender
- 1 cup Cooked peas
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 5 Sage leafs, minced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup Leftover cranberry relish (optional)
- 1½ quarts Milk
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Flour
- 4 cups Grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup Grated Fontina cheese
In a large pot add butter, onion, sage and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
Add flour, whisk and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add milk and continue to whisk till mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
After milk has thickened, whisk in the mascarpone, fontina and one cup of the cheddar cheese.
Once cheese melts and sauce becomes smooth, fold in the turkey meat, sweet potatoes, peas and pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place pasta mixture in a 3-inch baking dish, cover with remaining cheddar cheese and bake at 350 for 20 minutes till golden brown.
Serve with a tablespoon of cranberry relish.