Allergy-Friendly Food for Families is a trustworthy, comprehensive, practical, and kid-friendly collection of recipes that covers the five most common allergens in kids: wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts, and soy. Each of the 120 recipes is free of at least three of these allergens; most are free of all five.
These fun-size burgers are perfect for party guests. They’re tasty and wholesome but leave room for cake. The tamari and ginger give them a nice extra kick that’s appealing to kids and adults alike.
- 1 Pound 93 percent lean ground turkey
- 1/4 Cup panko, fine dry bread crumbs, or gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoon finely chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 1 Tablespoon wheat-free tamari
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon minced fresh ginger, or 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Teaspoon canola oil or sesame oil
- 8 whole-grain slider-size buns or gluten-free slider-size buns
In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, bread crumbs, scallions, tamari, garlic, and ginger. Mix well. Shape into 8 small patties.
Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the patties (in 2 batches, if necessary) and cook, turning once, for about 15 minutes total, until no longer pink. An instantread thermometer should register 165°F when inserted into the patties. These also can be grilled. If grilling, brush the patties with sesame oil before placing on the grill.
Place on cocktail buns and serve with condiments of your choice.