Sweet potato waffles sweetened with a touch of brown sugar and spiced with a dash of cayenne pepper, brought to you by Dishing Out Health. These waffles are a total taste-bud party and make for one delicious breakfast experience.
- 1/3 Cup Baked, mashed sweet potato (without skin)
- 1/3 Cup Liquid egg whites
- 1/4 Cup Oat flour, or flour of choice
- 1 Teaspoon Brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Milk of choice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 2-3 leaves of chopped fresh sage
Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Mix until well-incorporated
Heat your waffle maker to desired setting and add batter to waffle maker. Cook for 5 minutes, or until slightly browned. Top with soft boiled egg and maple syrup or toppings of choice!
Nutrition Facts per Serving (entire recipe without toppings):
Calories: 215; Total Fat: 2 gm; Saturated Fat: 0 gm; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 370 mg; Carbohydrates: 34 gm; Fiber: 5 gm; Sugar: 16 gm; Protein: 14 gm