These delicious and moist cupcakes have a surprise inside.
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix. Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup assorted mini candy-coated chocolate candies, jimmies or confetti candy sprinkles
- 1 container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy frosting (any flavor)
- Green food color
- Green colored decorating sugar
- 24 Yellow PEEPS brand Marshmallow Chicks
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
Make cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full). Bake as directed on box for cupcakes.
Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Using a melon baller, scoop out center of each cupcake, about 1 inch deep. Fill each with 1 heaping teaspoonful candies.
Spoon frosting into medium bowl; stir enough food color until desired green color. Frost cupcakes with frosting; sprinkle with colored sugar. Top with yellow PEEPS Chick. Store loosely covered.