This is a great, super-healthy and easy-to-do salad. It's ready in around 15 minutes and with a lot of options as to mixing and matching. For instance, you can throw in any fruit or berry with this mix, blueberries and raspberries are a good choice, or you can also add other nuts such as cashews and roasted almonds. They will add a little crunch, omega-3 and more protein!
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup raw pecans (or almonds)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (cuvee 20 would be suggested)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Combine the spinach, strawberries, Gorgonzola cheese, bacon and pecans in a large bowl.
Stir the balsamic vinegar and honey together in a bowl; slowly stream the olive oil into the mixture while whisking continuously. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving.