Hosting a Valentine's Day soiree? This fresh and lightly spiced sangria recipe is sure to get your guests in a festive mood. The punch can sit over night to let the flavors really meld together.
- 2 bottles VOGA Italia Merlot
- 3-4 fresh figs, sliced (or 1 cup dried figs)
- 1-2 fresh gala apples, sliced
- 1 cup of cherries
- 2-3 oranges, sliced (not peeled)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 cups sparkling apple cider
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup brandy
- ½ cup dark spiced rum
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
Slice apples and insert whole cloves directly into the fruit.
Combine all fruit slices in a glass pitcher and slowly pour in brandy and wine. Cover and chill from 2-24 hours (the longer, the better)
Before serving, add sparkling cider and orange juice.
Stir gently and serve over ice.