This nutrient-loaded recipe is perfect for a Spring afternoon beside the grill.
- 1 Pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Pound fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 Pound asparagus spears
In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and black pepper.
Add the shrimp and stir to coat the shrimp thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
While shrimp is marinating, prepare asparagus. First by trimming the ends.
Brush spears with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Repeat on the other side.
Preheat grill on medium. Skewer shrimp and pineapple.
Grill skewered shrimp and asparagus for about 5-10 minutes. Turning mid-way. Asparagus should be charred and fork tender.
Plate and enjoy.