- 3 chicken breasts, cut in half length-wise
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (3-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded co-jack cheese
- Avocado and sour cream for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a rectangular baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a bowl combine, tomatoes, chiles, black beans, chili powder, oregano, coriander, cumin and salt.
Spread half of the mixture on the bottom of the greased pan. Place the chicken breasts on top. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Spoon the remaining tomato and black bean mixture on top.
Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil and bake until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted, about 30-35 minutes.
Serve with sliced avocado and sour cream.