Pressed for time but still want a hearty meal for dinner? Try out this chicken chili and cornbread combo that will leave you with plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 14 oz Can/Jar black beans
- 1 14 oz Can/Jar kidney beans
- 1 8 oz Can/Jar tomato sauce
- 1 Package frozen kernels
- 2 14.5 oz Can/Jar diced tomatoes with chilies (mild)
- 1 Individual Packet taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning.
Place chicken on top and cover with a thin layer of the sauce and beans.
Cook on high for 5 hours.
About an hour before serving, remove chicken and shred in a separate bowl.
Place shredded chicken into the slow cooker and stir in to combine with beans etc.
Cover and place slow cooker on “low” setting for an hour to allow chicken to soak in the chili flavor.