You asked for it so I delivered! Lightened-up chicken pot pies. See more at Eat Yourself Skinny.
- 1 Cup fat-free half and half
- 1 Cup fat-free chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon thyme
- 2 Cups roasted skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen mixed veggies, thawed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (7.5 oz) refrigerated reduced-fat biscuits
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a medium saucepan, whisk together half and half, chicken broth, flour, poultry seasoning and thyme. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, continuing to whisk for about 4 minutes. Once mixture has thickened, remove from heat and stir in chicken, mixed veggies, green onions, salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
Coat 5 (6 oz) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out 5 biscuits into 4-inch rounds. Evenly fill ramekins with chicken mixture and top each with a rolled out biscuit, pressing firmly around the sides of the ramekin to adhere. Pierce 4 holes in the top of the biscuits to vent and place in oven.
Bake pies for about 12 minutes, until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden. Enjoy!