The Quick and Clean Diet: Lose the Weight, Fell Great, and Stay Lean for Life
What many folks don’t know is that Dari is also a trained chef who studied at what is now called The Institute of Culinary Education. She recently wrote her first book, The Quick & Clean Diet: Lose the Weight, Feel Great, and Stay Lean for Life which shows how to achieve your best body by consuming foods closest to their natural state.
This is a fun dish to make on a Saturday night or when you just feel like eating something special. You can refrigerate the salsa in an airtight container for up to a week.
For the Salsa:
- 3 1⁄2 Cup diced frozen or fresh peaches (about 2 1⁄2 pounds)
- 1/4 Cup diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper (optional)
- 2 Teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Teaspoon light agave syrup (if needed)*
For the Tacos:
- 1 Pound lean pork tenderloin, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 mini whole wheat tortillas
Combine all the salsa ingredients and set aside.
In a bowl, toss the pork with the cumin, paprika, garlic, and salt.
Generously coat a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat on medium. Add the pork and grill on both sides until cooked through.
Divide the pork filling among the tortillas and top with the salsa.