This traditional biscuit-based strawberry shortcake recipe from Pillsbury gets a patriotic twist with the addition of blueberries.
- 1 Can Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 2 Tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 5 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 Cup fresh blueberries
Heat oven to 375°F. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Dip top and side of each in melted butter, then in granulated sugar. On ungreased cookie sheet, place 2 inches apart. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
In small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form.
To serve, split biscuits; place on 8 dessert plates. Layer each with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream.