Serve these open-faced egg, ricotta and arugula sandwiches from Cooking Light Crave! (February 2013, Oxmoor House) at your next brunch, but make sure to advise your guests to eat them with a knife and fork.
- 4 (2-ounce) Slices whole-wheat country bread
- Cooking spray
- 2 Cup arugula
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 Cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
Coat both sides of bread with cooking spray. broil 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
Combine arugula, 2 teaspoons oil, juice, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, and 14⁄ teaspoon pepper; toss gently.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. add remaining 1 teaspoon oil; swirl to coat. Crack eggs into pan; cook 2 minutes. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until whites are set. remove from heat.
Serves 4 (serving size: 1 sandwich) -- Calories 337; Fat 15.8g (sat 5.9g; mono 6.9g; poly 1.6g); Protein 21.8g; Carb 27.2g; Fiber 4.1g; Chol 231mg; Iron 2.8mg; Sodium 807mg; Calc 316mg