Wrap grilled strip steaks in crunchy lettuce leaves and top with strips of your favorite veggies.
- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 1-inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
- 16 Boston or butter lettuce leaves (about 4 to 5-inch diameter)
- 2 cups thin assorted vegetable strips, such as cucumber, red onion, carrots, bell pepper, sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed or frozen peas or corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat or regular vinaigrette (any variety)
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat or blue cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped almonds, walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse grind or cracked black pepper
Combine Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Carve steaks into slices. Place lettuce leaves on serving platter. Evenly layer vegetables onto lettuce leaves. Top evenly with steak. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with cheese and nuts, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips:
To pan-broil steaks, preheat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook steaks 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.