Meatballs made on the grill are fast and flavorful. These meatballs have lots of hidden nutrition like kale and whole grain cracker crumbs. Add them to a fresh zucchini noodle salad with NAKANO® Rice Vinegar, olive oil, parmesan cheese, and chopped cherry tomatoes.
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb. organic ground turkey or grass-fed ground beef
- 1 cup organic kale, finely chopped
- ½ cup crushed brown rice crackers
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Nonstick spray
For the zoodle salad:
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 cups organic cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup NAKANO® Natural Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Preheat grill to medium heat.
In a large mixing bowl combine ground meat, kale, crackers, egg, chili pepper flakes, and salt. Form into 12 balls. Note: Hands are the best tools for mixing ground meat. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes to help meatballs set.
Mist meatballs with nonstick spray and place meatballs on the preheated grill. Grill each side for 3-4 minutes, using tongs or a spatula to flip to sides that haven’t been browned yet. Meatballs will take about 12-15 minutes total and should have an internal temperature of 165°F.
Using a vegetable spiralizer (or vegetable peeler), create zucchini noodles (or ribbons). Toss zucchini with tomatoes, parmesan, NAKANO® Rice Vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Serve each zoodle salad on a plate with 3 meatballs on top.