This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie from Bakerita is a peanut butter lover’s dream!! The peanut butter cookie stays soft in the center while the edges get crispy, and a layer of peanut butter in the center takes this skillet cookie over the top. Click here for more recipes like this on Bakerita.com.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate peanut butter (or you can use regular PB, or mix some melted chocolate into peanut butter!)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 5” cast iron skillet.
In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla extract. Beat in the egg until well blended.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add into the peanut butter mixture and beat until just mixed. Fold in chocolate chunks.
Press half of the dough into the skillet. Spread the chocolate peanut butter evenly over the dough, leaving about ½” around the edge. Cover with the remaining dough.
Place the skillet on a baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Serve warm with ice cream!