SIMI brings us the perfect sip for an elegant party. This elevated cocktail is easy to make yet appropriately glamourous – a sure win!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup halved strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 (750 ml) bottle SIMI Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- ½ cup of Cab-Berry Syrup *recipe below
- 1 cup sparkling water or soda
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2 pounds mixed blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 bottle SIMI Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
For the Cocktail:
Mix all ingredients together and let stand in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator before serving
For the Syrup:
Rinse the berries and drain well. Place in a large saucepan with the sugar, and crush. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently, and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, and set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Add the wine, and stir to combine. Store in the refrigerator for two hours, or as long as overnight.
Strain the wine-fruit puree through a sieve, capturing the syrup in a bowl.
Bring the finished syrup to a boil.