Only a few watermelons were harmed in the making of the delicious cocktail. (Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi )
Enjoy this delightful combination of fresh watermelon, mint, and lime, paired with Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Moscato.
- 3 pounds seedless watermelon, peeled and cubed, plus 1/2 pound watermelon reserved for garnish
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, plus several leaves for garnish
- Juice of four limes (about 8 tbsp)
- 1 bottle of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Moscato
- 5 ounces vodka
- Simple syrup to taste (depending on how sweet your watermelon is, you may not need it at all)
Add watermelon, mint and lime juice to a blender and puree. Strain into a pitcher.
Stir in the Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Moscato and vodka. Taste. Sweeten with simple syrup to taste. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
Stir again, then pour the cocktail into drinking glasses filled with ice and garnish with skewered watermelon.
*Entertaining Tip: for a no-fuss crowd pleaser, double or triple this recipe and serve it in a large punch bowl. Make a gorgeous ice ring by adding lime slices, mint leaves and water to a plain Bundt pan. Freeze, then unmold and add to your punch just before party time!