This salsa recipe is easy and quick. It can be enjoyed over fish or chicken, or with chips as an appetizer. (Grill Nation: 200 Surefire Recipes, Tips and Techniques to Grill Like a Pro,” (2015, Oxmoor House) by Travel Channel’s ‘American Grilled’ host and Chef/Owner of Bayou Bakery, Coffee Bar & Eatery, David Guas.)
This sweet and tangy salsa puts a spin on a traditional recipe. The mango is a perfect ingredient to welcome the warmer weather months.
- 1 1/4 Cup Peeled and chopped mango
- 1/3 Cup Chopped red onion
- 1/3 Cup Chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 Cup Fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 Cup Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Minced canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
Stir together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.