Impress your guests with this simple yet stunning dessert. Layers of toasted Honey Wheat Bread, raspberry jam, strawberries and a fluffy whipped cream mixture look beautiful arranged in any glass dish.
- 12 slices Nature's Own Honey Wheat Bread, crusts removed
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon powered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons sliced balanced almonds, toasted
Cut each bread slice into 3 equal-size strips. Place in a single layer on large baking sheet.
Bake at 325° for 5 minutes; turn strips over and continue baking for 3 minutes. (Bread should be dry and only very lightly toasted.) Cool completely.
Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, stirring almond extract into mix with milk; set aside.
Spread one side of each bread strip with jam.
Gently fold 1 cup whipped cream into pudding until well blended.
Arrange about 10 bread strips jam sides up, in bottom of 2 1/2- to 3-quart round straight-sided dish (a soufflé or trifle dish works well).
Arrange 16 bread strips, jam side facing in, upright around side of dish.
Layer one half the strawberries and pudding mixture over bread.
Top with remaining bread strips; repeat berry and pudding layers.
Gently fold powdered sugar into remaining whipped cream. Spread over top of trifle.
Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Just before serving, sprinkle toasted almonds over top.