Miss Millie is my Grandmother Lucille’s oldest and dearest friend. I consider her an adopted grandmother myself. She is kindhearted and as loving as the day is long, always ready with a word of wisdom or encouragement to anyone who needs it. We love her slaw almost as much as we love her.Mama serves this whenever we have pulled pork barbecue alongside my Grandmother’s potato salad, and everyone who has it always requests it whenever they come back.
- 1 medium head green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 2 tablespoons Tablespoon grated onion
- 2 cups Cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Cup sugar
- ¼ cup Cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tablespoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon Teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Cup Dijon mustard
Place the cabbage, carrots, green pepper, and onion in large bowl.
In another bowl, mix together all the remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
Pour over the vegetables and toss well to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving for the flavors to blend.