The abundance of fresh and now affordable lobster in Maine has spawned many creative uses for the crustacean. Heap on whole chuncks of lobster and don't over overboard with the mayonnaise. Sttuffed into a toasted sandwich roll, or hot dog bun, it's a taste of heaven.
- 4 cups of lobster meat from steamed lobsters(approximately 2 1 1/2 to 2 pound lobsters)
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Ribs of celery, small dice
- 1 Bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoon basil chiffonade
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
Combine all ingredients except lobster in a mixing bowl.
Rough chop lobster meat an mix gently into dressing with a rubber spatula.
Split a baguette open 3/4 of the way lengthwise and cut into 4 6-inch sandwiches. Butter the inside generously and toast under broiler until golden brown.
Fill with shredded lettuce and lobster salad.