Holiday recipes from Charleston Receipts, the nation’s oldest Junior League cookbook, published in 1950 and now in its thirty-fifth printing.
- 2 1/2 Cup milk
- 3 medium sized yams
- 2 Cup sugar
- 2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/2 Cup blanched, slivered almonds
- 1/2 Cup whiskey or rum
1. Put milk into 2-quart casserole.
2. Grate yams, adding to milk as you grate to prevent potatoes from turning dark.
3. Beat eggs well and add sugar gradually. Add cinnamon and almonds and mix well with potatoes.
4. Dot generously with butter and bake in a 300-degree oven for two hours. Just before serving, pour the whisky or rum over the pudding.