This refreshing salad is simple, flavorful, filling and the perfect introduction to quinoa. The nutritious super grain is elevated with fresh flavors of lemon, mint, garlic and green onion. This recipe comes to us from Marti of Tofu ’n Sprouts.
- 1 Cup quinoa, rinsed and cooked according to package directions
- 3 Green onions, sliced with tough ends removed
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed in a garlic press
- 1 Tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Salt and lemon-pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup almonds, chopped
After quinoa has finished cooking, remove from heat and cool on a cookie sheet.
Place the cooked and cooled quinoa, green onions, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Stir until combined. Season with mint, salt and lemon-pepper. Mix well.
Top the salad with the chopped almonds. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Calories 488 Calories from Fat 191 (39%) Amount Per Serving %DV Total Fat 21.3g 32% Saturated Fat 2.4g 11% Monounsaturated Fat 7.5g Polyunsaturated Fat 9.7g Trans Fat 0.0g Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 24mg 1% Potassium 810mg 23% Total Carbohydrate 64.1g 21% Dietary Fiber 7.2g 28% Sugars 1.1g Protein 14.2g 28%