This recipe from Bumble Bee will have you rethinking the average, hum drum tuna sandwich. Be prepared to update your go to, easy lunch.
- 1 can (5 oz) Bumble Bee Prime Fillet Gourmet Flavors Albacore Tuna with Sundried Tomatoes and Olive Oil, lightly drain and reserve some of the oil, break up the tuna with a fork
- 1 ciabatta sandwich roll
- 1 Tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 4 Slices provolone cheese
- 2 Thin slices red onion
- 1/2 Cup tight-packed arugula
- 1 Teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
Heat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to avoid extra clean up.
Slice the ciabatta in half and place on the baking sheet. Brush the drained oil from the tuna onto both sides of the bread and allow it to soak in.
Evenly spread the mayonnaise on both sides of the bread. Place cheese and onion slices on each slice of bread, then put in the oven for 5-8 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
Remove from oven. Place the tuna on the bottom half of the bread.
Dress the arugula with the white balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and salt. Mix well.
Place the arugula on top of the tuna, and then cover with the top portion of bread. Slice in half and serve.