The Girl Who Ate Everything
Christy Denney runs The Girl Who Ate Everything, which features delicious, flavorful recipes the whole family will enjoy.
These mini-layer dips from The Girl Who Ate Everything can be individualized for any party goer. Experiment with vegan-only cups or add some of your favorite ingredients for a unique dipping experience. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup guacamole or make homemade guacamole
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup chunky salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can of sliced olives, drained
- 8 (9 ounce) plastic tumblers
- Tortilla chips for serving
In a small bowl mix taco seasoning with refried beans. Some people prefer to mix their taco seasoning with the sour cream layer but I wanted a bright white layer so I do it with the beans.
To assemble layers
In each plastic glass, layer about 2 Tablespoons of the beans, followed by 2 Tablespoons of sour cream, 2 Tablespoons of guacamole, 2 Tablespoons of salsa or pico de gallo, and 2 Tablespoons of cheese. Make sure you drain your salsa or pico to get the excess liquid out before you pour it on. (Layer 1: beans and taco seasoning; Layer 2: sour cream; Layer 3: guacamole; Layer 4: salsa or pico de gallo; Layer 5: cheese; Layer 6: tomatoes; Layer 7: green onions and olives)
Top with about 1-2 teaspoons of tomatoes, olives, and green onion (If making ahead of time, wait to add these toppings until shortly before serving). Garnish with one tortilla chip. Store in the refrigerator until serving and serve with chips.