Phyllis Pellman Good is a New York Times bestselling author whose books have sold more than 10 million copies. Good is the author of the nationally acclaimed Fix-It and Forget-It slow-cooker cookbooks, several of which have appeared on the New York Times bestseller list.
Photo Credit: Open Road Media
This dip can be used as more than a party favorite: on a roll as a sandwich, or topped with sour cream and a side of cornbread. Recipe makes 7-8 cups.
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1 Pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 8-oz. Can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- 1 10 ¾- oz. Can tomato soup
- 1 1/4 10 ¾-oz. Can cream of mushroom soup
- Corn chips
- Little barbecued smokies
Brown ground beef and onions in skillet. Drain off drippings. Place beef and onions in slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients, except corn chips and smokies, and stir well.
Cover. Simmer until cheese is melted.
Serve with corn chips and little barbecued smokies.