About Lisa Lillien
Lisa Lillien is the creator of the Hungry Girl food brand and author of eight best-selling books that feature recipes and top food finds.
Lillian’s Hot & Cold Veggie salad uses a bevy of colorful vegetables that will give your taste buds a mix of great flavors and textures.
- 4 Cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/4 Cup canned sliced beets
- 1/4 Cup canned hearts of palm, sliced into coins
- 2 Tablespoon sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Hellmann's/Best Foods Dijonnaise (or another mild creamy Dijon mustard)
- 1/4 Cup frozen sweet yellow corn
- 1/2 Cup chopped asparagus
- 1/2 Cup sliced onion
- 1/2 Cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup sliced mushrooms
Place lettuce on a large plate or in a large bowl and evenly top with tomato, beets, hearts of palm, and olives. Set aside.
To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine juice, vinegar, and Dijonnaise. Mix well and set aside.
Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to high heat on the stove. Add corn and, stirring occasionally, cook until thawed and slightly blackened, about 3 minutes. Transfer corn to the salad and bring skillet to medium-high heat.
Add asparagus, onion, and bell pepper to the skillet. Stirring occasionally, cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms to the skillet and, stirring often, continue to cook until all veggies are softened, about 3 minutes.
Transfer cooked veggies to the salad. Top or serve salad with dressing and enjoy.