Everyone loves a great BBQ, even vegetarians.Here is a recipe for flavorful veggie burgers, named after my sister Morgan, who is a vegetarian. I created them for her.
- 4 Ounce black beans, drained
- 4 Ounce chic peas, drained
- 4 Ounce white beans, drained
- 6 Ounce rolled oats
- 3 Tablespoon red onions, diced
- 2 Tablespoon black olives, diced
- 2 Tablespoon red bell peppers, diced
- 1 Teaspoon jalepeno, diced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon garlic, diced
- 1 Teaspoon artichoke, diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsely, diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon red chili flake
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon sage
- 2 Tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 Ounce olive oil
- 1 egg each
In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 ounce oil and all the raw vegetables, with the exception of the beans. Sauté until translucent. Remove and cool.
Add the vegetables to the beans and mix thoroughly. Add all dry ingredients to the mixture. Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into 12 slider-size patties. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In same sauté pan, add 1 ounce olive oil. Cook patties for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve with garlic lemon aioli.
12 Sliders, 6 servings