This sandwich is packed with Green Goddess flavors, creamy stretch grilled cheese and GREEN. Keep a breath mint at the ready and give this one a try! For more recipes like this, visit Paninihappy.com.
- 1 Clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Oil-packed anchovy, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon lime zest (about 1 lime)
- 3 Tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 Tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Ounce cream cheese, cut into smaller cubes
- 1 Cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 Cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 8-12 Slices sourdough bread
- 2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Add garlic and anchovies to a mini-prep food processor and pulse for a few seconds until it’s really finely chopped, almost like a paste (if you don’t have a food processor, you can always just chop the ingredients really well with a knife on a cutting board).
Add in the lime zest, parsley, tarragon, cilantro, basil, shallot, mustard and cream cheese and pulse again until well blended. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and stir in the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
Preheat the panini grill to medium-high heat.
For each sandwich: Spread a generous amount of the cheese mixture onto one slice of bread. Close the sandwich with a second slice of bread. Brush a little olive oil on top. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes until the cheese is melted and oozy and the bread is toasted. Serve immediately and enjoy!