California chef Robert Sturm has been in the Food Service Industry for more than 25 years serving as Corporate Chef for Omni Hotels F.H.G. Worldwide and Westin Hotels and Resorts.
This heart-healthy pasta dish, made from cavatappi, is a vertible garden in a bowl. To cut down on the carbs, the pasta can be substituted by brown rice or quinoa pasta.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup bell pepper, 1” diced, various colors
- 1/4 Cup sweet onion, 1” diced
- 1/4 Cup Chinese eggplant, 1” cubed
- 1/4 Cup zucchini, 1” cubed
- 1/2 Roma tomato, cut in fourths
- 2 crimini mushrooms cut in fourths
- 6 Kalamata olives, pitted, cut in half, for each serving
- 1 Cup marinara sauce
- 2 Cup cavatappi pasta, cooked (alternative brown rice or quinoa pasta)
- 2 Tablespoon basil, fresh, shredded
- 1/4 Teaspoon all purpose seasoning
- 1/2 Ounce parmesan cheese, shredded
Sauté garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add onion, peppers, zucchini and eggplant. Cook till tender. About 2 minutes. Add olives, tomato and basil. Continue to cook over medium heat 1 minute. Add sauce and hot cooked pasta. Continue to cook 2 minutes until pasta is hot. Season to taste with seasoning. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.