We love to make this a day ahead and let the flavors meld.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, allowed to come to room temp
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (we prefer Louisiana brand)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon Cajun seasoning, plus some for dusting
- ½ bunch of green onions
In a skillet melt butter, then add crawfish tails and sautee for 2-3 minutes or until fat in crawfish tails is melted.
Set aside and allow to cool. Allow cream cheese to come to room temp.
In a large bowl, mix together with sour cream, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and cream cheese.
Add in crawfish tails, seasoning and green onions and fold over to integrate. Cover and refrigerate.
Create mound of mixture on a platter, lightly sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, and serve with a variety of crackers.