Try these chocolate chip bars with a surprise ingredient to get your kids to indulge in good-for-you food that tastes great.
- 1 1/2 Cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup ground whole wheat flour
- 1/4 Cup butter, softened (or other fat source, such as peanut butter or almond butter)
- 1/3 Cup chocolate, butterscotch, or peanut butter chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place all ingredients except for chocolate chips in a mixer and blend until very smooth.
Mix in chips gently by hand.
Place dough into a greased 8×8 pan.
Bake for 35 minutes and remove from oven.
Let cool, cut, and enjoy.
They will look a bit undercooked when you take them out of the oven, as they will firm up when they cool down.