A quick spinach dip with extraordinary savory, cheesy flavor.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Bread for serving
- 1 loaf of french bread, sliced drizzled with olive oil and rubbed with a garlic clove for extra flavor
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat and add the onion. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
Add the spinach and toss it for 1 or 2 minutes to coat it with the butter.
Transfer the spinach mixture to a bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
Add the ricotta, Parmigiano, mozzarella, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix well. Serve on the french bread.