I whipped up these pancakes on a whim this morning, after having had a craving for s’mores over the last several days and let me tell you right now --they s’more than satisfied that craving!
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 graham crackers, crushed and separated
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)*
- 1 modified flax egg (1/2 tablespoon ground flax + 1 1/2 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate-Infused Maple Syrup
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Step 1: Pancakes
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
Prepare flax egg and allow to set.
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, protein powder*, and 1/2 the graham cracker crumbs in a medium-sized bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine flax egg, vanilla, and milk.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until all the flour is incorporated.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter onto greased skillet (makes 3 small-medium pancakes) and allow to cook for approximately 4-5 minutes before flipping.
Cook an additional 2-3 minutes more before plating.
*If you choose to omit the protein powder, I would decrease the milk by 1-2 tablespoons.
Step 1: Chocolate-Infused Maple Syrup
Whisk ingredients together until smooth.
Use as a topping for pancakes, spoons, fingers, or in times of desperation, I believe it would be perfectly acceptable to bathe in it.