The idea of having dessert for breakfast is quite possibly one of the happiest things I can think of. But this isn’t your typical sugar-loaded, empty-calorie dessert. Oh no, this is a banana pudding that is filled with whole grains, healthy fats and natural sugars. A healthy ‘dessert’ that is completely acceptable for you to eat for breakfast. Plus, this is more than just a breakfast, it’s a way to incorporate a healthy meal into your life that tastes indulgent but actually isn’t. With a little creativity, healthy ingredients have been transformed into a completely tasty breakfast that will leave you thinking…healthy is pretty delicious.
- 1/3 Cup oat flour (just use a food processor/coffee grinder to grind oats into flour)
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Generous pinch salt
- 1/2 Large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter (no added sugar)
- 1/2 Tablespoon almond milk (or 1-2 tsp honey if you want a sweeter ‘cookie’ layer)
- 1/2 Cup vanilla flavored Greek yogurt, divided (I used Chobani)
- 1/2 Large banana, sliced into 12 slices
- 1 Tablespoon peacans, chopped
- Dash cinnamon
In a small bowl, combine oat flour, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add in mashed banana, peanut butter, and almond milk (or honey if you want a sweeter cookie layer). Mix ingredients together until a dough is formed.
Now in a glass jar begin layering your ingredients. Begin with a layer of your ‘cookie’ dough. On top of the ‘cookie’ layer, place 3-4 banana slices. Then add 1/4 cup vanilla flavored Greek yogurt. Then layer 3-4 banana slices. Then repeat the layers again beginning with a layer of ‘cookie’ dough, 3-4 banana slices, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt and more banana slices. Top with pecans and cinnamon. Serve immediately.