Balsamic Marinated Strawberries With Vanilla Black Pepper Frozen Yogurt (Lina Zeldovich)
Strawberries and black pepper is not something you think of in a typical dessert. “Works well!” says Sodexo chef Chris Follari who suggests to try this special rare recipe. “Give it a shot.”
Balsamic Marinated Strawberries with Vanilla Black Pepper Frozen Yogurt
- 2 Cup Vanilla Frozen Yogurt softened
- 6 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Superfine Sugar
- 2 Cup Strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 4 Each Triangle Wafer Cookies
- 1/4 Teaspoon Gray salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine vinegar, sugar, salt and black pepper. Mix well to incorporate. Let stand for 15 minutes.
When ready, stir again to incorporate all the sugar, then pour over sliced strawberries and gently toss until berries are fully coated.
Divide the strawberries between 4 glasses, top with the softened vanilla frozen yogurt top each with one turn of the peppermill black pepper. Place the wafer cookie sticking into the glass and serve.