Nothing beats the rich taste of Asparagus after its been baked with the rustic flavor of walnuts and given a hint of lemon.
- 4 Tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 Pounds thin-speared asparagus, woody stems removed
- 1 Tablespoon margarine, cut into small pieces
- 3 Tablespoon walnut oil or olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper for asparagus and topping, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread walnuts on a cookie sheet and set aside. Spread asparagus on a separate cookie sheet; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and dot with margarine.
Bake nuts until aromatic and golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Bake asparagus for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender but still crisp.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Before serving, spoon topping over asparagus and sprinkle with walnuts.