It's often hard to make vegetarian sandwiches feel hearty, but the savory flavors here create a warm, filling sandwich for any season. The key to this sandwich is good ingredients. Finding high-quality olives, ripe and flavorful tomatoes, and fresh bread are essential for this recipe.
- 1/4 Cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 Cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 Slice crusty white bread
- 1/4 Cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 leaf of Romaine lettuce
- 3 Slice tomato
Add the first 4 ingredients to a food processor or combine with a mortar and pestle.
Mix them enough so that they begin to form a paste, but not so much that there are not still small chunks of olive and artichoke.
Spoon the mixture on top of one of the bread slices.
Add the feta cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes.
Place the second slice of bread on top and put the sandwich in the toaster until the bread is browned. Remove and eat immediately while hot.