Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Online operations promising bogus degrees are rampant. If you're thinking of getting an online degree to boost your resume, here are a few signs the school you're considering might be a diploma mill.
1. Little or no work needs to be completed to receive your degree.
2. The school offers deals if you sign up to earn more than one degree at a time, such as a bachelor's degree and a master's degree for one low price.
3. The program name is very similar to the name of a well-known and prestigious college or university.
4. Addresses for administration buildings include P.O. boxes or suite numbers.
5. Prices are stated per degree instead of per credit hour.
Source: Better Business Bureau
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.