The Pentagon said Monday that its mission against the Islamic State has not changed and that it won't change the threat level at military bases in the U.S. or Europe, which have already been at a higher state of alert since earlier this year.
Remarks that the Defense Department is staying the course mirror statements made by President Obama Monday morning saying that increasing the U.S. combat troop presence would be a "mistake."
"It is not just my view, but the view of my closest military advisers and civilian advisers, that that would be a mistake. Not because our military couldn't march into Mosul or Raqqa or Ramadi and temporarily clear out ISIL. But because we would see a repetition of what we've seen before," Obama said speaking at the G20 Summit in Turkey.Read more on WashingtonExaminer.com