Rep. Mike Pompeo on Wednesday rejected reports that the House Select Committee on Benghazi learned nothing from Hillary Clinton's testimony last week, and said members learned critical new information about security for U.S. officials in Benghazi before the attack, how State reacted during the attack, and what officials did afterwards.

"We learned a whole handful of things," the Kansas Republican said on C-SPAN Wednesday morning.

In the run-up to the attack in 2012 that killed four Americans, the committee learned that none of the hundreds of requests for tighter security at the U.S. Consulate made it to Clinton's desk, he said.

"We had not had a chance to cumulatively identify all of the requests for security assistance, and now we know that totals more than 600, and we can now, for the first time, confirm that none those, according to Secretary Clinton's testimony, made it to her," he said. "So not a single one of those requests for additional people on the ground actually made it to America's most senior diplomat who is supposed to be involved in security."

Read more on WashingtonExaminer.com