Hundreds will gather in Washington for a candlelight vigil to remember children who have died from cancer after a previously scheduled event was shut down by the Secret Service.

Organizer Mike Gillette says he expects more than 300 people to attend the ceremony, scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday in Lafayette Park in Washington.

On Sept. 19 roughly 700 people gathered in Lafayette Park for the vigil, but moments before it began the Secret Service shut down the event so President Barack Obama could travel to a gala.

Gillette said Secret Service Director Joseph Clancy called him to apologize, and that the group has been so impressed with the agency's response that children are going to present a representative with the "Secret Service ROCKS" award.