Sign in to comment!

Menu
Home

Politics

Defense

Army nixes Nugent from lineup at Fort Knox concert after Obama comments

The U.S. Army has nixed Ted Nugent from the lineup at a Fort Knox concert scheduled for late June, after the outspoken rocker made controversial remarks about President Obama. 

The decision comes after Nugent met with Secret Service officials Thursday -- the Service said at the time the issue had been "resolved." 

But the Army went on to cancel Nugent's performance set for June 23 at the Fort Knox annual summer concert. 

"Co-headliners REO Speedwagon and Styx remain scheduled to perform," a statement on the Fort Knox Facebook page said. "However, after learning of opening act Ted Nugent's recent public comments about the president of the United States, Fort Knox leadership decided to cancel his performance on the installation." 

Organizers are offering refunds, though the statement said they may find a replacement for Nugent's act. 

Nugent, who recently endorsed GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, said during a recent National Rifle Association convention that the Obama administration was "vile," "evil" and "America-hating." 

He also said that if the president is re-elected, "I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year." 

Nugent later said his remarks were not a call to violence.

See the latest updates on the hottest midterm races from Fox News

Full Elections Coverage →

Keep up with all the 2014 races in

Coverage →