From tanning beds to witchcraft, no subject was off limits for lawmakers this week. As midterm elections near, the rhetoric is heating up and giving us plenty to choose from for this week's "Quipsters and Quotes" matchup. Good Luck!
1) "I dabbled into witchcraft. One of my first dates with a witch was on a Satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's little blood there and stuff like that...We went to a movie and then had a midnight picnic on a Satanic altar."
2) "I have never been in a tanning bed or used a tanning product."
3) "We're not here to make Comedy Central look good, we do that all by ourselves."
4) "President Obama found the comments to be outrageous and offensive, particularly given how close we are to ground zero."
5) "Everybody knows that behind the scenes that he's the dirtiest, nastiest political player out there."
6) "I would put it in one of three categories: I mean it's either ignorance, stupidity, or malice."
7) "We need to be big-hearted but also hard-headed in our approach to development."
8) "The six month anniversary of ObamaCare will be a lonely one for President Obama."
9) "You know things are bad when you're happy to see the press."
10) "[T]o my friends in the media, I know witchcraft is intriguing, but we need to get our partners talking about this boring national security stuff."
11) "I think the Republican establishment in D.C. is getting spanked and deserves it."
12) "They're counting on amnesia."
13) "We may be entering a sort of period in politics that's sort of fact free, where the experience in government is a negative."
A--RNC Chairman Michael Steele
B--Sen. Lindsey Graham R-SC speaking at the American Enterprise Institute Monday
C--Former AR Governor and Fox News Host Mike Huckabee
D--Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD)
E--President Obama at United Nations Millennium Development Goals Summit
F--President Bill Clinton
H--Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) on Steven Colbert testifying before the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration on Friday
I--DE GOP Senate Nominee Christine O'Donnell during a 1999 interview on Bill Maher's "Politically Correct"
J-- House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Oh), addressing a perennial source of jokes about his dark complexion
L--President Obama in Philadelphia campaigning for Rep. Joe Sestak (D-PA)
ANSWERS:1I, 2J, 3H, 4G, 5K, 6M, 7E, 8A, 9D, 10B, 11C, 12L, 13F