Lawmakers and those who love to talk about them, are rarely at a loss for words. Sometimes a double-edged sword with no expiration date, a quote or quip can either be political suicide or catapult a candidate from obscurity. So, are you up to speed on some of this week's best?
Try matching these newsworthy nuggets with the illustrious lips they came from.
1) "The other guys want to take the country back, but we need to have the president's back."
2) "It's the party that's slowly but surely being taken over by wackos."
3) "The extended hand by John Boehner was really met with the back hand by the president of the United States."
4) "Hey, to you, it's Mr. Vice President Hot Dog Guy!"
5) "I had nothing to do with the massive foreclosures here."
6) "They talk about me like a dog."
7) "I have never figured out how to be two places at once."
8) "I'm into Lady Gaga," he said. "The music, not the costumes."9) "The celebration on the Republican side is premature"
10) "Only in Hollywood could you make an insulting, condescending movie about a much-loved historical figure, hire an actor who loathes the man, watch it flop and then somehow conclude that Americans don't want to see a movie about him."
B-DCCC Chairman Chris Van Hollen (D-MD)
C-Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV)
D-Gov. Ed Rendell (D-PA)
E-Vice President Joe Biden
F- Mark Joseph, Hollywood filmmaker
G-Tim Kaine, DNC Chair
H-Rep Mike Pence (R-IN)
I- OH GOV nominee / ex Rep John Kasich (R-OH)
J -Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI)
ANSWERS: 1G, 2D, 3H, 4E, 5C, 6A, 7J, 8I, 9B, 10F