The President will address the annual meeting of the Business Council at the Park Hyatt. The President will address the administration's ongoing efforts to spur job creation and the important role the business community plays in our efforts to rebuild the economy. The President will also discuss the urgent need to pass Wall Street reform and address core principles of reform that will protect consumers and put in place clear rules of the road to help prevent another crisis. Watch his remarks live at 11:05am. [foxlivestream]
The President had dinner at the White House Monday evening with the following members of the Business Council executive committee:
• Ronald Williams, Chairman & CEO, Aetna
• Patricia Woertz, Chairman, President & CEO, Archer Daniels Midland Company
• Riley Bechtel, Chairman & CEO, Bechtel Group, Inc.
• Peter Grauer, Chairman, President & CEO, Bloomberg, Inc.
• Jim Owens, Chairman & CEO, Caterpillar
• Ellen Kullman, Chairman & CEO, DuPont
• Rex Tillerson, Chairman & CEO, ExxonMobil
• Jamie Dimon, Chairman, President & CEO, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
• Charles Moorman, Chairman & CEO, Norfolk Southern Corporation
• Steve Odland, Chairman & CEO, Office Depot
• James Goodnight, Chairman, President & CEO, SAS Institute Inc.
• Andrew Liveris, Chairman & CEO, The Dow Chemical Company
• Angela Braly, Chairman, President & CEO, WellPoint, Inc.
Along with the following administration officials:
• Secretary Timothy Geithner
• NEC Director Larry Summers
• Valerie Jarrett
• Rahm Emanuel
• Austan Goolsbee