2009 is a weird year, where things are upside down -- the opposite of what they should be or usually are. Here’s a list of events that were inverted or backward this year:
1. An airline pilot became famous for sailing in the Hudson, not over it.
2. The IRS was led by a man who didn’t pay his taxes.
3. The president, a community organizer, belittled Tea Partiers for…community organizing.
4. Instead of buying new cars and destroying them, the federal government bought a new fleet of destroyed cars.
5. Carrie Prejean, who said, “I think it’s great that Americans are able to choose” gay marriage, became a rallying point for people opposed to gay marriage.
6. Wall Street became socialist takers and the Chinese became capitalist lenders.
7. A man who was arrested got invited to the White House for drinks and a couple who weren’t invited almost got arrested for going.
8. During a speech to a joint session of Congress, President Obama accused the opposition of lying, and Rep. Joe Wilson was sanctioned for calling the president a liar a moment later.
9. In a failed attempt to become famous, "balloon boy’s" father became famous.
10. After years of parents and teachers telling kids not to wipe their noses with their sleeves, the government told kids to sneeze into their sleeves to fight H1N1.
11.Instead of hitting with a golf club, Tiger Woods may have been hit by one.
12. A Nobel Peace Prize winner sent 30,000 troops to war.
Year New Happy!
Tommy De Seno is an attorney and writer. Read more from him at www.JustifiedRight.com.