Sun, 05 Apr 2009 05:00:34 +0000 – By Bill ShulerPastor, Capital Life Church
1. He split our calendar in two: B.C. and A.D.
2. He showed us God is love.
3. He refused a crown to bear a cross.
4. He occupies no grave.
5. His sermon on the Mount set forth the highest standard for how we should live.
6. He modeled forgiveness in a world of stone throwers.
7. He transformed fishermen and tax collectors into world changers.
8. He healed the sick and raised the dead...enough said.
9. He challenged religion devoid of compassion.
10. He willingly accepted a cruel death so that we might have life.
As we enter Holy Week we contemplate Jesus' death and that first Easter morning. The week started with betrayal, confusion and sorrow only to end in celebration. The scriptures tell us that God "showed his love among us -- He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him."